cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

1262/3500 for WLAN between buildings

Hi,

I currently have WLC 5508 and a few campuses with LAP 1142, each with 2-3 vlan. Now one of our campuses have a building thas is a bit far away and needs network (wired). We can't get fiber or TP-cable there in a good way.

So the plan is to get two 1262 or 3500 with AIR-ANT5160NP-R antennas and get a wireless link working between the campus and the building. And then connect one of the AP's to a switch in the other building to provide it with wired network.

The problem is that I can't find information on how to do it. Do you have any config guides on this? Should both APs be in autonomus mode?

I probably only need to have 1 VLAN in the other building but I am not sure yet. Is there a problem with transfering several VLAN over the WLAN-link?

/Philip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 1262/3500 for WLAN between buildings

You need the APs in standalone mode

You need to configure them just like bridges

www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008058f53e.shtml

HTH

Amjad

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
3 REPLIES

You need the APs in standalone mode

You need to configure them just like bridges

www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008058f53e.shtml

HTH

Amjad

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Community Member

Thank you.

"bridge" is the word I have been looking for all day

Cisco Employee

#wirelessly wgb can extend WLC connected wired/wireless network to Wired and Wireless devices connected behind wgb.

#mesh can extend WLC connected wired/wireless network to wireless devices connected behind mesh AP and also it can bridge multiple wired network behind Mesh AP to other Mesh APs in that group wirelessly.

multiple vlan is supported on Mesh AP, it is just like extending local mode access point through wireless link.

wgb supports multiple vlan from certain new WLC versions.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content