Views
Helpful
Replies

1262 WGB Client Limitation

AlexZmann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a 1262 that will be setup as a WGB and wirelessly connect to a Cisco MESH AP.  A switch and clients will hang off of the 1262 WGB.  How many clients can a 1262 WGB support?

Thanks

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

•There is a limitation of 20 clients in the WGB. The 20-client limitation includes both wired and wireless clients. If the WGB is talking to autonomous access points, then the client limit is very high.

This thread might help answer your question.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2119996

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

I believe so, but never tried it that way. That is an unusual setup, but I guess you can test it out and see. Your thinking of using NAT to be able to minimize the 20 Mac address limit.

-Scott

The limit is for clients that appear on the root AP table as WGB clients. Those should get ip addresses from same WLAN pool (dhcp or static). The clients behind a router are not counted with the limitation because they don't appear as WGB clients in the root AP table. But note that the WGB connection will be a bottle nick for those clients.

HTH

Amjad

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

•There is a limitation of 20 clients in the WGB. The 20-client limitation includes both wired and wireless clients. If the WGB is talking to autonomous access points, then the client limit is very high.

This thread might help answer your question.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2119996

-Scott

What if there is a routing switch behind the WGB?  Does the 20 client limit still exist or does it just not matter since all the WGB would see is the outside routed interface?

I believe so, but never tried it that way. That is an unusual setup, but I guess you can test it out and see. Your thinking of using NAT to be able to minimize the 20 Mac address limit.

-Scott

The limit is for clients that appear on the root AP table as WGB clients. Those should get ip addresses from same WLAN pool (dhcp or static). The clients behind a router are not counted with the limitation because they don't appear as WGB clients in the root AP table. But note that the WGB connection will be a bottle nick for those clients.

HTH

Amjad

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card