Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

1300 bw testing

Hiya,

After setting up a test bridge link using 2 x 1300 ( next to each other) I managed to get 25mbs through the links using iperf. Though when i put these 2 in place in both buildings was getting 4mbs :( These were shipped with 8db antennaes made by cush craft. What is the max i should be able to get through these and is the antennae the cause?? distance between both sites is approx 30 metres.

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: 1300 bw testing

The FCC has yet to define a test method for testing compliance to DFS requirements. As a consequence the 11 new channels are not yet available. Today, the Cisco. Aironet. RM21A and RM22A 5 GHz radio modules for Cisco Aironet 1130AG Series, 1200 Series, and 1230AG Series access points support the 12 channels made up of the UNII-1, UNII-2, and UNII-3 bands. These devices have the hardware capability to support the new 11 channels; however, until the FCC releases a test program, the firmware will not provide the availability to access the additional channels.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5861/products_white_paper0900aecd801c4a88.shtml

Green

Re: 1300 bw testing

The throughput will vary depending on the distance, moisture content of the air, pollution, clearance of objects (i.e., the "Freznel zone"), interference, quality of alignment, loss within the "Intentional Radiator" (the transmission system excluding the radio and antenna) .... and some other factors.

As an absolute max, figure about ~22 - 25Mbps per link, minus Etherchannel and protocol overhead.

Good Luck

Scott

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content