Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

1410 has lost config

Help! I successfully copied my flash to the tftp server for a back up and was in the process of copying the new flash to the bridge when we had a power spike on a generator. My main switch power cycled and the 1410 is not responding. On the 1410, there are two red lights. I have pinged the IP address, and nothing. I have telnetted into the switch and did a show cdp neighbor detail, but nothing. I attempted resetting the unit to defaults and was unable to access 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0 with my laptop configged as 10.0.0.2 255.255.255.0.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: 1410 has lost config

Hi Dale,

I'm sure that this is fixable :)

Note: This default IP address of 10.0.0.1 becomes available only for a short period. So, make sure that you assign your own IP address to the bridge within that period of time.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_password_recovery09186a00800949d0.shtml#ca_1410_ser

Using the MODE button

You can use the MODE button on the bridge to reload the bridge image file from an active Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) server on a PC connected directly to the power injector Ethernet port.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note If your bridge experiences a firmware failure or a corrupt firmware image, indicated by three red LEDs, you must reload the image from a directly connected PC with a TFTP server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note This process resets all configuration settings to factory defaults, including passwords, WEP keys, the bridge IP address, and SSIDs.

Follow these steps to reload the bridge image file:

Step 1 The PC you intend to use must be configured with a static IP address in the range of 10.0.0.2 to 10.0.0.30.

Step 2 Make sure the PC contains the bridge image file (for example, c1410-k9w7-tar.122-13.JA.tar) in the TFTP server folder and the TFTP server is activated. For additional information, refer to the "Obtaining the Bridge Image File" and "Obtaining the TFTP Server Software" sections.

Step 3 Rename the bridge image file in the TFTP server folder to c1410-k9w7-tar.default.

Step 4 Connect the PC to the bridge using a Category 5 Ethernet cable.

Step 5 Disconnect the power jack from the power injector.

Step 6 Press and hold the MODE button while you reconnect power to the power injector.

Step 7 Hold the MODE button until the status LED turns red (approximately 20 to 30 seconds).

Step 8 Wait until the bridge reboots as indicated by all LEDs turning green followed by the Status LED blinking green.

Step 9 After the bridge reboots, you must reconfigure the bridge by using the Web interface, the Telnet interface, or IOS commands.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/bridge/1400/12.2_15_JA/configuration/guide/p15trb.html#wp1038660

Hope this helps!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies