Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1524 AP flapping.

I am using 1524 AP with WiSM 2 controller. The problem I am facing is I am continuosly getting messages on the core router about flapping of the access point with the management vlan. I believe this is effecting the performance of my core router as well. Can anybody tell me the reason for this and the solution for it as well

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Need more info. Maybe post the port configuration of your WiSM and service port and also the port configuration that the mesh AP is connected to. Also post the message.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

aqjaved
Level 3
Level 3
The symptoms of slow connectivity on a  VLAN can be caused by multiple factors on different network layers.  Commonly the network speed issue may be occurring on a lower level, but  symptoms can be observed on a higher level as the problem masks itself  under the term "slow VLAN". To clarify, this document defines the  following new terms: "slow collision domain", "slow broadcast domain"  (in other words, slow VLAN), and "slow interVLAN forwarding".

Please check the below link which can helpful in making  decision about licensing:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk689/technologies_tech_note09186a00801f9eb3.shtml

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card