cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1532i alignment mode?

scott.hammond
Level 1
Level 1

The docs say there is an alignment mode...even tells you what the led's mean but it doesnt tell you how to activate it.

Im running the lightweight image now...No options from the controller perspective for alignment. Activated the AP cli and dont see anything jumping out at me there.

Im hoping im not the only person that got a couple 1532's for christmas and someone else has some thoughts.

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Alignment mode is typically used in autonomous. What you can try is ssh into the AP and issue a

debug capwap console cli

Then make sure your in privaledge mode and enter:

dot11 dot11radio 0 or dot11 dot11radio 1
antenna alignment (timeout value)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

The alignment mode is only avaiable when in autonomous:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/7.6/b_1532_dg_chapter_01.html

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

hi scott,

i need starting configuration of 1532i access point and how to give controller ip address to the AP.

thanks

Ravi.

Your best bet is to put the 1532 on the same subnet as the WLC and have it join just like any other lightweight AP.  You do need to add the mac address of the 1532 to the mac filter of the WLC. Take a look at this doc as it will explain what needs to be done.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/1530/quick/guide/ap1532qsg.html

-Scott

hi..

scott

now we are using 1552 series out door Access points but we purchased 1532i access point for testing purpose. in this ap i need to add controller IP through console. i am trying but it is not detecting in hyper terminal .

how can i add controller ip to this AP please help on this issue..

thanks

Ravi

I assume you are running the lightweight image, so it will discover the controller via the DNS A record the rest of your lightweights use to find the controller...You can also use dhcp option 43 but I have never needed to go that route.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card