Views
Helpful
Replies

1552 factory default

dejash123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

how can I reset 1552 to factory default with console.

I had mistake and install 1552 configured like ROOT AP and on the site I don't have a wire. Now I need to change AP mode to MESH AP becose AP join to wlc for some time and then disconect. I tried  to change mode to MAP or  reset to factory default on wlc but nothing happend.                

11 Replies 11

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi ,

Hold the reset button down with the AP powered on. Then unplug the power form the Ap while continuing to hold the button down. Then plug the power back in, still holding the reset button. The lights will flash on the AP. When it is blue, release the rest button. Hope that helps.

or

I request you to hold the mode button for 10 seconds and at the time the device comes up, issue the command 

clear capwap private-config

Regards

Hello sandeepchoudhary21,

are you sure that this is the procedure for 1552. I could not find the document about that.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A root AP when it looses the network connection to the WLC will failover to a MAP. The question is, did you set a BGN and did you add the MAC address of that ap to the WLC Mac filter?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott

yes, I set BGN and MAC address, I did everything I needed. I know that ROOT AP should failover to MAP and then you can just change mode, but AP join to wlc for some time (a few minutes) and I change mode to MAP but I think that the command never cames to the AP.

Output from AP console is in attachment      

Do you have any maps connected to a RAP? Is there line of sight from that mesh ap to a RAP?

-Scott

Yes, I have line of sight and disctance is only 50 m. On site I have few RAP's and MAP's.

If this rap doesn't join after a day, then you need to take that mesh ap down and stage it. There is no other way to get this working without having it join the WLC and verifying everything before mounting. This also means that maybe there is something wrong with that mesh ap.

-Scott

In case the BGN is wrongly set it may take a while before the AP joins and it will join for about 15 minutes before disconnecting again and starting the sycle. But you will be able to catch it at that point and re-configure. If BGN is set correctly then it will join pretty quick.

Check if you can see that AP in the neighbor tabel of your other APs and run debug session to capture it as soon as it joins.

@Vlad or Scott,

Is there a way to change the BGN while consoled into the MAP?

The only way I know that it can be done is on the WLC when the mesh ap has joined.

-Scott

Ok, thanks Scott.

I will try to get line of sight with the RAP thats in that Bridge Group or go with the factory default config.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card