Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1552E AP Instalation

Hi all,

Looking for some information about physical instalation on the 1552E datasheet, I couldn´t find at which heigh Cisco recommends it to be installed.

I was expecting  see on the datasheet some information about its radiation pattern but again nothing.

Anybody here with hands on experience on outdoor instalation could give me some tips.

Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Falvio, The desired height at

Flavio,

The desired height at which the access point should be installed can only be determined by a site survey.  Any buildings, construction materials, or other obstructions can help to dictate this height, as well as the type of antenna used for the deployment.

According to the Installation Guide, you can mount at any height, but it is not recommended to be installed at over 40 feet if you are trying to serve clients on ground level.

The Installation Guide can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1550/installation/guide/1550hig.pdf

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.  Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions.

Charles Moreton

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Falvio, The desired height at

Flavio,

The desired height at which the access point should be installed can only be determined by a site survey.  Any buildings, construction materials, or other obstructions can help to dictate this height, as well as the type of antenna used for the deployment.

According to the Installation Guide, you can mount at any height, but it is not recommended to be installed at over 40 feet if you are trying to serve clients on ground level.

The Installation Guide can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1550/installation/guide/1550hig.pdf

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.  Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions.

Charles Moreton

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content