Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2 tunnel for 2 ssid?

Hi,

I am creating 2 ssid guest1 and guest2 on both internal controller and guest controller. I need to configure the anchor on the internal controller wlan. The question is for the 2 ssid, they will configure anchor both that means each ssid will have a tunnel to guest controller. Is that ok?                  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

2 tunnel for 2 ssid?

Check this link, may be it helps your quesry.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Mobility/emob41dg/ch10GuAc.html

****foreign WLC within the enterprise deployment that is going to support the guest WLAN must be defined as a mobility group member in the guest anchor WLC.

Regards

VIP Purple

2 tunnel for 2 ssid?

With WLC you can not do.

If you external server DHCP 2003 or 2008 then Yes, you can count on DHCP Server Callout DLL for MAC Address based filtering but not binding. If you want to assign IP addresses for the hosts with specific MAC, you should set DHCP reservation.

Regards

dont forget to rate helpful posts

8 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

2 tunnel for 2 ssid?

Yes you can have multilple SSID's anchored to the same guest anchor WLC, thats not a problem... I have had schools have a guest SSID for each school that pointed back to one or more anchor WLC's.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

2 tunnel for 2 ssid?

sounds great. Thanks.

One ,more question if can we bind the mac address to an ip when deploy dhcp? I want some clients mac address to bind to a special dhcp ip address so that i can control it.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

2 tunnel for 2 ssid?

You mean mac reservations?  The WLC doesn't do any type of binding/reservations if using the WLC as a dhcp server.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

2 tunnel for 2 ssid?

yes. I want some mac address bind to some ip while others is assigned to a ip but they both are in the same dhcp pool. Since I know which ip has been assigned to those mac, I will set firewall to nat them to different ip and then control the traffic on the firewall.

I only want to use one ssid for such requirement though it is easier to configure 2 ssid..

VIP Purple

2 tunnel for 2 ssid?

With WLC you can not do.

If you external server DHCP 2003 or 2008 then Yes, you can count on DHCP Server Callout DLL for MAC Address based filtering but not binding. If you want to assign IP addresses for the hosts with specific MAC, you should set DHCP reservation.

Regards

dont forget to rate helpful posts

2 tunnel for 2 ssid?

thanks

VIP Purple

2 tunnel for 2 ssid?

Check this link, may be it helps your quesry.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Mobility/emob41dg/ch10GuAc.html

****foreign WLC within the enterprise deployment that is going to support the guest WLAN must be defined as a mobility group member in the guest anchor WLC.

Regards

2 tunnel for 2 ssid?

thank you

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content