Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2106 wlc different vlan accessibility

I have 1 2106 wlc 6 1131AG LAPs that are going to be placed in three vlans. All three vlans are created and configured on a 3550G switch.

I created two additional virtual interfaces on the WLC, tagged it with appropriate vlan number and connected the port with untagged vlan identifier to a dot1q enabled trunk port on the 3550 switch. That is,

man int - untagged, port 1

vlan2, tagged -2, port 2,3

vlan3, tagged -3, port 4,5

vlan4, tagged - 3, port 6

and port 1 is connected to a trunk port on the 3550G switch with dot1q.

I am not able to reach the created vlan interfaces on the WLC !?1?!

Kindly help?

2 REPLIES

Re: 2106 wlc different vlan accessibility

AFAIK, the dynamic interfaces have to be physically connected, the WLC doesn't act as a switch in that fashion. So you either need to plug in ports 2-6 to the 3550, or re-assign the dynamic interfaces for the VLANs to port 1.

Re: 2106 wlc different vlan accessibility

jeff.velten, wouldn't that break the very use of the WLC? documents I referred from cisco recommend to connect the WLC to a trunked port. Like here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00805e7a24.shtml

So how are the vlan tags from the wlc not passed on to the trunk port? Is there something I missed, somewhere?

Views
Helpful
Replies