Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2504 Auto-install hanging

I received a new 2504 today, I consoled on and powered it up. I see the boot sequence starting all the services. Unfortunately thats about all I can do - i try to terminate the Auto-install script but even pressing the Enter key has no effect. I can ping the 2504 but http just times out. The console cable and terminal software are fine (I use them daily on a number of cisco devices). I have done a factory reset but the same thing happens.

So, I'm thinking the unit needs to be RMA'd ?

This is what is on the current session :-

Starting Management Services:
   Web Server: ok
   CLI: ok
   Secure Web: Web Authentication Certificate not found (error). If you cannot access management interface via HTTPS please reconfigure Virtual Interface.
   License Agent: ok

(Cisco Controller)

Welcome to the Cisco Wizard Configuration Tool
Use the '-' character to backup

Would you like to terminate autoinstall? [yes]:
AUTO-INSTALL: starting now...
rc = 0

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2504 Auto-install hanging

With the WLC you have to set flow control to none. Once you've made that change you should be able to interact with the CLI

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
4 REPLIES

With the WLC you have to set flow control to none. Once you've made that change you should be able to interact with the CLI

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Just to add to Steves comments, the auto install will terminate after a mintue or so.  After that, you will be at the startup wizard.  If you can't enter anything after that, then check your settings like Steve mentioned.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Steve,

Spot on - this was the issue.

Many thanks

2504 Auto-install hanging

Had a similar issue, when using SecureCRT. But, hypertrm works

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content