Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2504 controller and LAP1142's only giving out single IP to hosts

I recently deployed a Cisco 2504 controler with 5x LAP1142's.  Everything is working the way it shoudl execpt one piece.  Most of the users have Macbook Pro's along with vmware fusion to run a windows VM.  When connecting to the Wifi network the users are able to pull a DHCP reservation on the Macbook with no issue.  But the windows VM does not pull a DHCP reservation.  Does anyone know where I would start looking to increase the amount of DHCP reservations through the WiFI network? 

I have checked the config's on the switches and no "switchport port-security maximum" is set.  So I do not belive the switch is blocking the DHCP requests.  Plus I can connect any of the Macbook's to a port on the switch and both the Macbook and the Windows VM grab IP address's. 

Any help is greatly appricated.

Cheers,

Frederick

5 REPLIES

I do not understand who your DHCP server

is using the WLC for this?

DHCP is being assigned up an upstream Windows DHCP server.  This server is giving out address to the WiFi Clients without an issue (except for multiple address's).  This DHCP server is also giving out lease's to other VLAN's where wired clients are able to have multiple leases on a system. 

On the 2504 is configured under Controllers -> DHCP -> Enabled DHCP Proxy is checked.  I also have the "ip helper-address" configured on the switch for the VLAN.  I have also configured a physical switch port to be in the same VLAN as the WiFi clients, then connected a Macbook to that interface.  Both the Macbook and the windows VM where able to pull an lease.  So it seems to me it's something in the Wifi network that is preventing a host from requesting two IP's. 

Re: 2504 controller and LAP1142's only giving out single IP to h

You could try config network ip-Mac-binding disable

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Steve, where do I find that?  The 2504 CLI is a bit clunky and i've been having a hard time navigating around in it. Software version 7.0.116.0

Thanks again.

Re: 2504 controller and LAP1142's only giving out single IP to h

I believe it is still CLI only.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content