cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2504 guest user lifetime

cantrell.mike
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2504 WLC and need to know how to make my guest users lifetime more than 30 days

17 Replies 17

Not really a problem. It's by design, but yes... It will be the same on all model AireOS WLC's

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

scott from the below link it looks like a lifetime account is possible with guest by setting it to 0 is that not correct?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-6/configuration-guide/b_cg76/b_cg76_chapter_010110.html#d87832e26a1635

From the Lifetime drop-down lists, choose the amount of time (in days, hours, minutes, and seconds) that this guest user account is to remain active. A value of zero (0) for all four text boxes creates a permanent account.

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

The "default" maximum is 30 days or infinity if you specify the value "0" when you are initially creating the user. If I remember correctly is this the only way to do so on a WLC local user database. I only tested this trick with AirOS 7.4.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card