Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2504 HA 7.5

Hey guys,

i have the following scenario:

2504 10Lic

2504 15Lic

Now my customer want full redundancy for his WiFi.

WIth 7.5 we have 1+N Redundancy but just with special HA ordered Controllers.

Is there a possibility to rehost the icenses of one WLC, register them to the other WLC and convert the licenseless WLC to a HA Controller ?

How is the HA Mechanism working ?

Is it working based on Eval Licenses on the HA Controller ?

Have anyone already configured it yet ?

Thanks for help !!!

Kind regards

Philip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: 2504 HA 7.5

You can only rehost license that are adder license and not base license. The 2504 support HA, but in an N+1 configuration and not AP SSO like the higher end WLC's. Since you have two licensed WLC's, you would not benefit by using N+1 because the secondary WLC should be an HA sku which doesn't have license files, but support the max for the WLC. You would need to purchase a 2504 HA WLC and then rehost the license on one of your wlc's to the other, if it was an adder license or else you wouldn't be able to take that and add it to another WLC.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

You can only rehost license that are adder license and not base license. The 2504 support HA, but in an N+1 configuration and not AP SSO like the higher end WLC's. Since you have two licensed WLC's, you would not benefit by using N+1 because the secondary WLC should be an HA sku which doesn't have license files, but support the max for the WLC. You would need to purchase a 2504 HA WLC and then rehost the license on one of your wlc's to the other, if it was an adder license or else you wouldn't be able to take that and add it to another WLC.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

ok so when i order a WLC e.g.

AIR-CT2504-5-K9

Then I have 5 base Lics which i cant rehost ?

So the HA feature is only interesting for customers which order a new infrastructure or add a second WLC

Can you describ how the HA with the 2504 works ?

Thanks for your help Scott !!!!

Scott, could you be so kind

Scott, could you be so kind to clarify the following - if we have AIR-CT2504-5-K9 and AIR-CT2504-15-K9, is it possible to rehost AIR-CT2504-5-K9 to make it AIR-CT2504-HA-K9? 

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Yes you can. Email licensing

Yes you can.

Email licensing@cisco.com and provide the serial number of the "HA" unit as well as the serial number of the appliance where you want the additional license to go.

Leo, are you quite sure -

Leo, are you quite sure - maybe you had a similar experience?

I have no physical hardware at this moment, I am looking for a workaround for the issue that AIR-CT2504-HA-K9 are not currently orderable in our region, and there is no problem with AIR-CT2504-5-K9. And by my experience, licensing@cisco.com deals only with requests when you have your serial number and existing some king of license ready (which I don't yet have - since I need to PLAN a PURCHASE correctly, taking into account that I need AIR-CT2504-HA-K9 which can't be ordered).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content