Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

2504 with 1142 Access Point Not Working

Hi Guys

I have installed 10 X 1142 AP's with a 2504 wireless controller using 7925 and UC560. I am having lot of issues please can someone advise if there is any solution?  or should I swap the AP's with a different model ?

Issues:

1) When I move away from my AP to another AP the calls are dropping.

2) Most of the time at the end of the phone call the 7925 handsets are showing Network Busy and re-registering to my UC560

3) I am not getting enough coverage from the AP's, does anyone know the coverage of an 1142 ? Is there any other AP better than this I could try ? Currently the AP's are giving me a coverage of maximum 20metres.

4) After some research I found 1552E. I thought I would use this to get more coverage. But the issue is pricing; they are quiet expensive.

5) When talking about coverage; I need to cover 4 acres of land which includes sheds and open area.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: 2504 with 1142 Access Point Not Working

Syed,

First off, for voice, you will need -65dBm at the edge of the cell. If you are trying to cover outside areas then the 1500 or 1550 is your best choice if you can provide a mounting area and power. I don't know your coverage layout, but you can use the 1142's inside but not outside. You should also use the latest 1.4.x on the phone. It's tough to provide voice coverage outside unless you can place mesh AP's outside at given locations. You will also need QoS enabled on both the wireless and wired.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: 2504 with 1142 Access Point Not Working

Syed,

First off, for voice, you will need -65dBm at the edge of the cell. If you are trying to cover outside areas then the 1500 or 1550 is your best choice if you can provide a mounting area and power. I don't know your coverage layout, but you can use the 1142's inside but not outside. You should also use the latest 1.4.x on the phone. It's tough to provide voice coverage outside unless you can place mesh AP's outside at given locations. You will also need QoS enabled on both the wireless and wired.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies