Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2504 WLC Additional License

Dear Friends,

I have 2500 series WLC, under 7.6 image, when i want to update with additional three license, i send my *.lic file through

TFTP, after that i press install, but nothing happens, after some amount of time it says Operation Timeout,

when i send lic file through TFTP i use path like: tftp://ip-address/licfile.lic

What im doing wrong?

Thank you

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

What I do first to make sure

What I do first to make sure TFTP is working is to download the WLC configuration to the TFTP server. If this works, then you know that nothing is blocking.  With license files, you can open them up in a text editor and look at the ap count and the SN of the WLC. Usually you can see the issue, but that only means that you need to open a TAC case with licensing to get a new license. If a license file doesn't load after a few tries, I don't waste anymore time. I open a TAC case:)

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
10 REPLIES
Bronze

do you see transfer start and

do you see transfer start and complete process on the TFTP server ?? if Yes can you ensure bytes transfered are same as the size of the .lic file, if any of this is not happening, check if there is a firewall between tftp and wlc or firewall on the tftp itself .

Yest TFTP shows its

Yest TFTP shows its successfull, but WLC doesnt process EULA agreeement end etc to aplly additional license

Hi,I'm experiencing the same

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue.  Nor via CLI, nor via GUI I'm able to upload my license file. My client's TFTP server works fine because when trying to exchange files via tftp with other network components, this works as a charm.  Nothing is blocking this path and when I look at my TFTP's logs it actually sends the file but nothing happens.
Should I upgrade the management software?
Current version: 7.6.120.0

Hi, I resolved my issue by

Hi,

I resolved my issue by downloading new license that cisco reassigned to me, there was a problem with lic file we bought

Hall of Fame Super Silver

What I do first to make sure

What I do first to make sure TFTP is working is to download the WLC configuration to the TFTP server. If this works, then you know that nothing is blocking.  With license files, you can open them up in a text editor and look at the ap count and the SN of the WLC. Usually you can see the issue, but that only means that you need to open a TAC case with licensing to get a new license. If a license file doesn't load after a few tries, I don't waste anymore time. I open a TAC case:)

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
VIP Purple

Hi,Just check if something

Hi,

Just check if something blocking or not, specially Firewall.

If still fails then you must use another laptop or computer and try again.

Regards

dont forget to rate helpful posts

But TFTP shows that is sent

But TFTP shows that is sent lic file, and after that WLC just stucks for 5 minutes and after that says

Operation Timeout

VIP Purple

Means this is not correct

Means this is not correct license file.

Once agin check that this is right one ??

Regards

Yes it is, i registered it

Yes it is, i registered it through PAK, everything is correct

One more question, how should i specify license path in WLC

if my lic file is C:/Desktop/License/Licensefile.lic

how should i wright it int WLC as:

tftp://ip_address_tftp_server/License/Licensefile.lic or tftp://ip_address_tftp_server/Licensefile.lic

Thank you

VIP Purple

Hi Kamran,First configure

Hi Kamran,

First configure TFTP root directory and put this license file in it.

Then use this :

If Licensefile.lic is in License folder then:

tftp://server_ip/License /Licensefile.lic.

or If Licensefile.lic file are diretcly under root directory:

tftp://server_ip/Licensefile.lic.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content