Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

2504 WLC future LAG support?

We just bought a 2504 WLC with 15 AP licenses for our new eight 1141N AP installation.  Some confusion about LAG support for these now confirmed by TAC that LAG NOT supported for the time being.  Has anyone heard about whether this feature will be added to the 2504 in the future?  Seems a waste of those four ports toherwise.  Just wondering....

• Getting Started with Wireless
Everyone's tags (2)
6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: 2504 WLC future LAG support?

I would think that it would not be supported in the future. They would probably end up with a different hardware platform to support LAG.

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
Hall of Fame Super Gold

If you mean a future software-release that will enable LAG on a 2500 then the answer is NO.

The reason, in my humble opinion (and not by inside information), is because the wireless BU does not want to take away unique customers of the 5508 to the 2500.

The 2500 would be best suited in a lab environment or in a very unique case where it's a remote site, one can't do H-REAP and doesn't need redundant link.  Why the 2500 has multiple uplink ports BUT can't support LAG is beyond my imagination. 

Cisco Employee

You can still utilize multiple links on the 2500 platform. If you create multiple interfaces with AP management enabled, you can load balance APs across the port(s).

Likewise, you can put your various wireless client vlans on different physical ports to avoid having ALL traffic on a specific port.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11630/products_tech_note09186a0080b8450c.shtml#scenarios

-Pat

FYI,

They just added LAG support for this controller in 7.4 code. I'm running

AIR-CT2500-K9-7-4-100-0.aes

Hi Chellis,

We are evaluating 7.4 upgrade in order to use LAG on 2504.

Could you please be so  kind to confirm that:

1)802.3ad LACP is not supported and switch portchannel must be configured with mode on?

2)As soon you enable LAG all 4 ports are joined to a single channel and there is no way to have two channels with two joined ports each?

Regards

MM

Hall of Fame Super Gold

2)As soon you enable LAG all 4 ports are joined to a single channel and there is no way to have two channels with two joined ports each?

It's either LAG or no LAG.  You can't have both.

Views
Helpful
Replies