Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2602 radio shut

Hi everyone,

I have a strange problem. To me at least.

I have a mixed environment with 1142 and 2602 APs connected to a 5508 controller. Most APs connets to POE switches but a couple of them, 2602s only, get their power from an injector. Most of them, maybe all, experience the same problem.

Every time the APs has been rebooted they come back up and join the controller, but their radio interfaces are shut. I have to log on to them and run the debug command 'debug capwap console cli' to let me enable the radio interfaces. Once that is done they work as expected. Whatever I do on the controller doesn't help.

I have enabled power injector mode in the controller on the APs. They show as full power. The radio interfaces shows as down though.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

5508 version: 7.6.100.0

AP IOS: 15.2(4)JB3$

BR Henrik

Everyone's tags (1)
5 REPLIES

Hi hisacssonon the WLC try to

Hi

"802.11b/g Network Status" is enabled.

It was the POE-injector model

It was the POE-injector model being too old.

air-pwrinj5 is too old while air-pwrinj4 is newer and the APs work fine now.

(yes, it is backwards, 5 is older than 4) :)

Hall of Fame Super Gold

The only time the radios are

The only time the radios are disable is when the AP has the wrong Regulatory Domain. 

If you go to the AP and check the radio interface tabs, you look at the right-hand and do you see "Not Supported"?

Hi Leo, No, it is supported.

Hi Leo,

No, it is supported. Same AP, different POE injector was the solution.

Cisco TAC confirmed that the air-pwrinj5 should have been supported but wasn't in the list of supported injectors for 2602. So by chance I located a air-pwrinj4 and swapped it and that was the solution.

BR Henrik

Hall of Fame Super Gold

No it's not the "age". 

No it's not the "age". 

PWRINJ4 pushes 20.0w PoE while the "newer" PWRINJ5 only pushes 15.4w PoE.  

The 2600 is suppose to operate in 15.4w PoE but if you look at the data sheet, it's stated there that you need PWRINJ4.   I need to verify my 2600 deployed tomorrow.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content