Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2602i humidity question

Does anyone have experience placing access points in high humidity environments?

We are considering placing a 2602i access point in an office that is within an indoor pool area. The spec sheet for the 2602 says the operating humidity

is 10-90% noncondensing, but I'm not sure what the noncondensing part means.  Is the 2602i sealed well enough to prevent condensation from building up inside it from from humidity?  Will this model ap withstand a humid pool environment, and if not, which model would?

8 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: 2602i humidity question

That means that it's not accumulating moisture. Is the AP sealed enough... Not for heavy humidity. I have seen AP's in pool areas last long and fail within a year, so it varies. You might want to put the AP in a sealed enclosure possibly or even place AP's in a different room and run antennas to the pool area.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

2602i humidity question

Scott,

Thank you, what type of enclosure should we be looking at?  Also, it's not the pool area itself we are providing coverage to, but an office inside the enclosed pool area for an office worker.  I'm guessing the level of humidity would be the same though as if it were actually positioned near the pool.

VIP Purple

2602i humidity question

2602i humidity question

Thanks, I will look at those.

No problem. It does cost a lot, but you might just be able to get one without a heater and one with a fan and antenna mounted on the bottom side which should work for you if you do want to mount it in the pool area.

-Scott

Typically offices around the pool are we have deployed access points without enclosures. These rooms usually have AC or fans which keeps the humidity down. You should reach out to Tessco for more info as they have specific enclosures for the model of AP's you have.

http://www.tessco.com

-Scott

Here is a list of enclosures that might work... They have fans and ap and fan is powered up with a single PoE cable run.

http://www.tessco.com/products/displayProducts.do?groupId=3093681&subgroupId=95157

-Scott

2602i humidity question

Ok, thanks, I will look at those

Views
Helpful
Replies