cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

350 AP blew UP!

rremu
Level 1
Level 1

After an unsuccessful upgrade from VX to IOS my 350 AP no longer boots. TAC says this type of issue must be RMA'd because there isn't any reset buttons. Warrent on the AP has expired and my company no longer has a support contract. Cisco wants $600 to RMA. Is there another alternative for me? Please help.

thanks

rr

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No worries mate. You are still in good shape. Here is a link that has information about recovering from an upgrade falure. Look about 3/4's of the way down and you will see what you listed here along with a step by step on what to do .

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_tech_note09186a008019fea0.shtml

Good luck and let me know how you manage.

Please remember to rate all posts

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

If you console into the AP and reboot wat do you see? Can you post a capture of it?

hello,

the console only provides the following options.

c -- Copy file

f -- File dir

l -- downLoad file into DRAM

u -- Upload file

p -- xfer Protocol

n -- coNsole

r -- Run

s -- System info.

No worries mate. You are still in good shape. Here is a link that has information about recovering from an upgrade falure. Look about 3/4's of the way down and you will see what you listed here along with a step by step on what to do .

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_tech_note09186a008019fea0.shtml

Good luck and let me know how you manage.

Please remember to rate all posts

Thanks for the info Travis. That worked just great!

Perhaps TAC can update their records. My TAC case# F101543 - 352

Thanks again

Glad I could help!

THANK YOU for this post....

thank you thank you....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: