Views
Helpful
Replies

350 Bridge Wireless disconnect issues

irdgjon
Level 1
Level 1

Current Situation

The Bridges are Cisco 350 on both ends. The firmware is current. The Antennas are Cisco 21dBi Solid Dish’s. Line of sight is good. Straight line distance from one end to the other is 6.5 Miles. The Bridges are optimized for range. Mounting is solid on both ends.

This installation is currently having disconnect issues. This installation was ping tested after installation and passed 376 pings and dropped one, average ping time was 3ms. This ran good for 1 ½ day then went off line. Once the Water tower (Root Bridge) end was rebooted the system came back on line and ran good for another 1 ½ hours and went off line. It will run good for a time then go off line until the root is rebooted. It has followed this cycle since the first disconnect.

Potential causes:

The building side dish looks as if it has been dropped. The top is bent down (slightly). This is what we are currently focusing on. I will be replacing the dish today.

Alignment: I am assuming that if it was an alignment issue it would not associate at all.

Bridge issue: The firmware that we are on 12.0.2 T is not the latest rev (I believe that there is one higher) but the rest of the WWAN running on this rev stably.

Environmental Issues: There is a Microwave station that is not too far from the aggregation point of this network. I would assume that this would effect all connections on this tower not just the dish.

Any help that anybody could offer is greatly appreciated. This installation has caused nothing but problems and has only recently started working. I would like to put this thing to bed as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Jon Davis

2 Replies 2

cminch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jon,

Alignment issues can be some funny stuff. A connection here and then here. I would recommend at least using the alignment tool on the bridges to double check, you can also see if there is a interferance on the channels. It is soewhat time consuming but do this for a whole day. If the results from the test are ok then problem should be solved. On the other side if you get maybe clear signal until 14:00 everyday, I'd start investigating someone taking a coffee break. It is possible that the cause, maybe from an outside source at certain times.

Wish you luck,

Corey

Corey,

Thanks for your input. The resolution came with replacing the dish. Once that was done I rebooted the Root side (Located on the Water Tower) and everything came back on line. This has run stably since. Once I got the dish down and could look at it, I realized that it had more damage than I had originally thought.

Thanks again,

Jon Davis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: