Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

[350 client] linux redhat 9.0

when installing these drivers i get the following message:

Oct 31 17:52:55 zoom kernel: airo: Max tries exceeded waiting for command

Oct 31 17:52:55 zoom kernel: airo: MAC could not be enabled

Oct 31 17:52:55 zoom kernel: airo_cs: RequestConfiguration: Operation succeeded

Oct 31 17:52:56 zoom cardmgr[4622]: get dev info on socket 1 failed: Resource temporarily unavailable

i already installed the kernel-source, compiled and installed the drives for card services and another pcmcia (ethernet) card works no problem

anybody have an idea?

regards,

c.

4 REPLIES

Re: [350 client] linux redhat 9.0

Unfortunately, succeeding in your installation seems to be just the first step:

I use RedHat 9.0 and the Aironet PCM352 seems to be correctly installed, but I cannot associate to the AP, while the same ACU version on a RedHat 8.0 works well.

The only difference I could notice so far in the ACU configurations is that the "Using short Radio Headers" in the status window shows Yes on RH8.0 while it says No on RH9.0, although I flagged it in "Edit Properties/RF Network".

Maybe a kernel issue?

I use 2.4.20-8.

Anybody out there succesfully using RH9.0 + AIR-PCM352?

TIA

Ciao

-- Aram Gurekian

exactly! i had no problems with redhat 8.0, when i moved to 9.0 all hell broke loose.

i have the same kernel as you.

c.

I tried compiling a new kernel, 2.4.22, but nothing changed: still not associating to the AP.

[if you want to re/compile the kernel you need to check the

"Network Device Support > Wireless LAN (non hamradio) > Wireless LAN + Cisco Aironet PCMCIA" options, otherwise you'll get a "No Radio Found" Error when launching ACU]

Then I deselected the "Cisco Compliant TKIP features" on the AP, and I could succesfully associate to it!

A colleague using RH8.0 with a personalized kernel can associate using the same ACU, the same configuration, the same PCMCIA card, an OLDER kernel version (2.4.20.*) and TKIP Features enabled on the AP.

We decided to go without TKIP Features, so for now I cannot investigate further (e.g. installing his same kernel).

With regards to your PCMCIA issue, did you install ACU using the pcmcia_cs sources, as the installation procedure requires? Did you try reinstalling ACU after upgrading to RH8.0?

yes, i did install the pcmcia_cs.

btw, i have linux redhat 9.0. this one might be for the tac.

c.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content