Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

350 Series Bridges crashes network

Have two 350 series bridges connecting 2 LAN that are about 100 meters apart. The installer used omni antennas. I can connect across the bridge fine when the bridge is NOT connected to the production LAN at the central site. (I have a PC and the bridge on a separate Cisco 3500 switch at each site. Occasionally my utilization hits 100% on this Cisco switch, for the most part utilization is low.)

When I connect the bridge to the production LAN at the central site I am unable to access an AS/400 server (the only server being accessed) at a remote site. This does not seem to happen immediately. After a few minutes or after rebooting the PC I am unable to connect to the AS/400. I can ping local PC's. I disconnect the bridge and everything works fine. I don't know if there is any radio interference that might be causing this problem.

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: 350 Series Bridges crashes network

There could be some radio interference affecting the performance. Since it seems to be a problem with the AS/400 I would think that it is an issue with the AS/400 or maybe the switch itself. Several things to check on the Aironet equipment would be the antennas, the antenna connections, the cabling from the bridge to the switch and the bridge firmware. If you have an older version of firmware on the bridge you may want to upgrade it.

Cisco Employee

Sounds to me like maybe you have a broadcast storm or bridge loop and when you connect the bridges you make this loop or bridge accross the broadcast storm.

Try a sniffer on the switch port going to the 5400 and then connect the bridges see if traffic increases and if so what is the traffic and the biggest offender MAC address

Thanks for the suggestions. I will change the omni to yagi and see what happens.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content