Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

350 series Wireless Bridge - Deauthentication reason "Not Authenticated"

Hi,

There seem to have been a few messages regarding the problem I am experiencing in this forum, but there doesn't appear to be much feedback on the resolution. Can someone offer any advise ?

I have two cisco 350 series bridges, both running 11.23T. Every so often the bridges deauthenticate and occasionally de-associate from each other. This seems to happen anywhere between 2 and 15 mins. The messages below are from the route wireless bridge.

20:11:47 Info Station [nonroot] Reassociated

20:11:47 Info Station [nonroot] Authenticated

20:11:47 Info Deauthenticating, reason "Not Authenticated"

20:11:46 Info Deauthentication from [nonroot], reason "Not Authenticated"

20:11:25 Info Station [nonroot] Reassociated

The two bridges are approximately 200 feet apart, with excellent signal and strength from the yagi aerials. I experience this problem with or without WEP, with or without spanning tree. I have the bridges configured as AP/root and the other as Client/non-root.

Looking at the recommended software, I am probably going to upgrade to 12.00T. Before I do so though, I wondered if anyone had resolved this issue ?

Regards

Jon.

1 REPLY

Re: 350 series Wireless Bridge - Deauthentication reason "Not Au

I have the same problem as yours. I made a 12.00t upgrade on both bridges separated 2 meters apart (indoor test environment). For the Non-root bridge, i made it "Non-root w/ Clients" instead of "Non-root w/o clients", and disable STP as what the others have suggested. This suggestion didn't work. I experience an average of 30 or 10 mins of connectivity between bridges(ping = <10ms TTL) before connectivity is lost (20-30 request timeouts) then connectivity comes back again.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content