Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

350 Wireless Bridge Problems

We are trying to setup a WLAN to transport video back from the roadway to the corporate nettowork. We have two Cisco 350 bridges setup, one as root and one as a non-root. We continue to see decent signal strength results when running the antenna alignment test:

100% Signal Strength - 40 DBM

100% Signal Strength - 35 DBM

72% Signal Strength - 45 DBM

57% Signal Strength - 48 DBM (Lowest)

When I run a link test between the two bridges, I get varying results with the following:

AVG Strength From the Station 70%, Min 12% Max 100%

AVG Strength To the Station 72%, Min 12% Max 96%

The min has actually dropped down to 1% at random periods of time. The two sites in question are less then a 1/4 mile of part with clear line of site with naked human eye. We are using an Omni-Directional Antenna on the root bridge and a Yagi on the non-root bridge. We are seeing large numbers of packets repeated but very few CRC errors generated. I am open to any suggestions or ideas you folks may have at this time. We are in the process of conducting an additional site survey to look for interference issues. We do have a Ham Radio operator less then a mile from this location who appears to have several 16Dbi grid antennas mounted on a 70' tower. I have tried to communicate with this gentlemen but he will not divulge any information.

Thanks...

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: 350 Wireless Bridge Problems

Seems like you have some sort of RF interference that is messing up your wireless link between the two bridges. Make sure that your bridges and antennas are not close to any device that would emmit electromagnetic waves such as generators, airconditioners, or power lines. You can try setting the channels to different frequencies on the bridges to see if that helps. If your bridges are not on the latest version of firmware try upgrading to the latest version. Double check your cable connections for the antennas and the antennas themselves for any possible problems. Last thing to do is use a spectrum analyzer or have a company come out and do a survey with a spectrum analyzer to see what RF traffic is there.

Views
Helpful
Replies