Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

350AP - 350 PCMCIA - AUTH SUCCESS - NO PING _ PLEASE HELp

Hi All

I have got a PCMCIA and AP both 350 series. configured the PCMCIA with ip 192.168.1.125/24 - with profile of the ssid and a open authentication. on the accesspoint i have an ip 192.168.1.11/24 and with the auth to be OPEN. now my card autenticates to the ap and keeps associating n reassociating over a set period of time frame. i assume this to be alright. but my major problem is me not able to ping from my laptop to the accesspoint. as you can see they are on the same subnet and it should be alright. please help me .

thanks

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: 350AP - 350 PCMCIA - AUTH SUCCESS - NO PING _ PLEASE HELp

You may need to reset the access point and the client adapter back to factory defaults and reconfigure them both. Sometimes if you are configuring the devices and make several changes, the configuration could get stuck and not actually make the last change that was made. With the AP and client associating and dissasociating over and over, this could be caused by some sort of interference. The devices may have an older version of firmware. You may want to update the firmware, drivers and utilities to the latest versions.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content