Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

350er Series has CCX Version None with new Firmware

Hi,

I've noticed that when I do a show dot11 associaciotions "mac-address" I receive the following output for a 350 Series Card with a 5.60.xx firmware:

Device : 350-client Software Version : 5.60

CCX Version : NONE

By downgrading the firmware on the 350er series Adapter to 5.4x the CCX Version is correctly displayed. I've seen that on ACU 6.5 which belongs to a 5.60.17 Firmware. Any comments on that ? What Version of CCX is supported on the 350 Series with latest Firmware ?

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: 350er Series has CCX Version None with new Firmware

The CCX units are the ones that have successfully completed 3rd party interoperability testing and all other requirements of the Cisco Compatible Extensions program, so they are compatible with the CISCO Access Points. This means they could support settings only available for CISCO Client Adapters. There are three versions of the Cisco Compatible specification:

Version 1 (V1), Version 2 (V2), and Version 3 (V3). These versions specify the features that are supported. Each version builds upon its predecessors. With a few exceptions, every feature that must be supported in one version also must be supported in each subsequent version.

Re: 350er Series has CCX Version None with new Firmware

Hello Thomas,

you may misunderstood me. I know what CCX means. I also know the relationship and the different CCX levels. The fact is, that 350 Series Client Adapter (CCX V2 for firmware 5.40) does no more show the CCX Level on the Access Point when the firmware is upgraded to a lvl of 5.60 (delivered with ACU V1.5 or ACU V1.6).

Thanks. Any other hint ? What is the level of a 350 Series Adapter with a Firmware of 5.60 ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content