Views
Helpful
Replies

3602 performance

paul.tim681
Level 1
Level 1

hello

recently replaced old AP with 3602 but didnt notice any performance improvement. how to check if the limitation is with Laptop wireless nic card, with new laptop purchase what should be the recommend wireless nic specification

cheers

Paul

4 Replies 4

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Paul,

What model did you replace with the 3602? The 3602 is a robust AP and allows doe 4x4:3 and is rated at 200mW. If would need a client that supports 4x4:3 minimum to see full advantage ..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

George,

replaced 1200 series with 3600 series. any tool to detect the limitation or issue appearing on Laptops

Are Lenovo or dell new model coming with high speed nic cards

Paul,

If you tested a 1x1:1 (1242) model ap with a 4x4:3 laptop client you will only achive 1x1:1. If you replace this with a 4x4:3 and your client is a 4x4:3 you will notice a higher PHY rate, throughput and better RSSI.

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

As per your query i can suggest you the following link-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps11983/data_sheet_c78-686782.pdf

Hope this will help you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card