Views
Helpful
Replies

3702e autonomous no 5GHz config possible in webgui

Martin Reher
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

i have currently two 3702e converted to autonomous. I am not able to configure the 5GHz via the webgui. By default none of the items in the gui is selected. When i select the items and try to apply them nothing happens. Any help would be highly appreciated as i am not really used to the cli.

If needed i am happy to post further information.

Thanks in advance

Martin

23 Replies 23

aprod_y22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Martin,

Have you tried the Easy Setup option on the home page, I think you can configure 5GHz from there.

Hey Aprod,

thanks for the reply. I tried that, even without any security but no success. 2.4 working ok 5 not showing any success.

Anyhow thanks for your reply

Martin

Try configuring the ap from the CLI.  Many have complained about the GUI and the GUI can be flaky. Also you might want to try a different browser. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

a tried various Browsers with no luck. Also both 3702 show the same issue. As i said i am not used to the cli but will try to find some advice on the net. I am aware that the gui is kind a flaky and has ever been but i had never that kind of issue. Additionally, i forgot to mention, that in the gui on the status page of the 5GHz it shows a speed of 9.3, "is" as MAC Address and an error in setting the power level.

Thanks for your reply

Martin 

What do you mean by can't configure 5.0 Ghz via GUI? 

Is the 5.0 Ghz link disabled?  Is the 5.0 Ghz link not there?

Hi Leo,

the 5GHz link is there. On the settings tab no radio button is selected and no field is filled with any values. It is possible to select the buttons and fill values in the fields but clicking on apply does not do anything. After refreshing the page(even after saving the config) every field is empty again. I was able to enable the radio by the cli and now the status in the gui shows up but again no fields in the gui are filled with any values and no buttons are selected. 

Settings for the 2.4GHz Radio do work ok.

Also a bit strange is that on the start page it reads 3600 Series but it is a 3702 and on the cli it states the correct iOS version.

If needed i am happy to post a screenshot or other needed information

Thanks for your reply

Martin

Well the autonomous code for the 3700 is strictly for site surveys and to be honest, should be configured from the CLI. When the official version comes out in a month or so, then the GUI will most likely work better. In general, autonous AP's are better configured from the CLI.... This goes back from the 350 and 1100 AP days.

-Scott

Hi Martin,

In the config file which you can see in the gui you should have something like the below for the 5ghz radio. Channel width 80 is for .ac , 40 for N.

interface Dot11Radio1
 channel width 80
 no ip address
 !
 encryption mode ciphers aes-ccm
 !
 encryption vlan 1 mode ciphers aes-ccm
 !
 ssid [****your ssid name****]
 !
 antenna gain 0
 peakdetect
 no dfs band block
 channel dfs
 station-role root
!

Hello. 

I know this thread is old but I thought i'd write a post. 

I'm trying to get a CAP or WAP 3702E (external antenna) to an autonomous unit. 

When I flash the IOS (JBB1) the DOT11RADIO1 (5gig) just does not respond nor does it even show as in conf t.

I'm reading some posts here and there that an external can't be turned into autonomous but and if tried it'll disable the 5gig and turn into a site survey unit only. 

That's hard to believe though so I thought i'd write and see how you managed to turn yours autonomous.

Thank you!

David

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The bug above is resolved in software release 7.6.110, here are the release notes. We’re currently testing software release 7.6.110 although Cisco has just released 7.6.120 – release notes.

If your going to be deploying the Cisco 3700 Access Points you’ll want to make sure that your WLC is running a minimum software release of 7.6.110.

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I run a Cisco 3702i (Autonomous/IOS-ap3g2-k9w7-xx.152-4.JB5).

Best regards

Nils Storm

Martin Reher
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for all the comments.

I have introduced a 2504 into my environment and now everything works ok (excpt mDNS) here i am waiitng now for the release of the MR3.

Thanks all

Martin

mDNS works fine on v7.6.120.0.... I have that running on a few customers.

Scott

-Scott

Hi Scott,

in my environment i do face the issue, that airplay does not work constantly. On the WLC i can see the services under mDNS Domain Name but my clients (IPad mini and MacBook pro) do not see the service. It worked only 2 times and then it vanished.

I read about an issue if you have no VLANs in use and use only the default vlan that the WLC is then issuing the ip 0.0.0.0 as the origin for the mDNS Service and that this should be fixed in the next release. I guess this might be my issue.

I configured the WLC now a couple of times but cannot get it to work constntly.

Best Regards

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: