Views
Helpful
Replies

3702e autonomous no 5GHz config possible in webgui

Martin Reher
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

i have currently two 3702e converted to autonomous. I am not able to configure the 5GHz via the webgui. By default none of the items in the gui is selected. When i select the items and try to apply them nothing happens. Any help would be highly appreciated as i am not really used to the cli.

If needed i am happy to post further information.

Thanks in advance

Martin

23 Replies 23

Maybe because you have LSS enabled. mDNS also works if the AP's are in local mode. Not knowing how your setup is, it's hard to say. 

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Also, mDNS is only used if you have multiple vlan's. If your on a flat network or if the Apple TV and devices are in the same subnet, mDNS is not used. 

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

1kmarinelli
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue. 

The 5ghz radio dot11radio1 does not show any status

Even on CLI when I go to conf t to enable dot11radio 1 I get an error after the dot11radio

the same commands on the conf t for dot11radio 0 work just fine.

Any commands through CLI for the dot11radio 1 return an error. It's almost as if the unit does not recognize 5ghz

Even in status it only shows the 2gig radio

I know this thread is old, from 2014 by the look of it, but I don't see any actual reasons, workarounds, or even any responses from Cisco tech on why this happens. I've configured many 3702i units without issue. This 3702e is the first external I'm trying to cfg but with no luck

Which software release are you running and do you apply enough power (requires PoE+)?

Hello. Version JBB(1)  

I have JI3 also. Those seemed the most stable in my 3702I 's 

I've been reading different forums and came across some people trying to convert CAP3702E's to Auto and some say it cannot be done. Only on the 3702I's 

I'm not sure if this is true but some say that the auto IOS applied to the 3702Es will disable the DOT11RADIO1 and turn the device into a 2.4gig only and site-survey mode. 

Not sure if this is true but it seems as if the internal architecture is the same on the main board, exempting the radios of course, the same from the internal and externals. 

If Cisco did this it's another crazy thing they do to make one buy up in model. Sigh...

Thank you!

One more thing, I also couldn't find anything about this limitation in the manual: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/15-3-3-JB/configuration/guide/cg_book/cg-chap6-radio.html

Hello. Version JBB(1)
I don't have a smartnet on these units anymore and JBB1 is the latest, newest, that I was about to get.

I'm powering via POE+ on a 3750 switch, that has POE+
But, I also tried it on a power supply and the 5gig just doesn't show. When I go into config t and try to do some commands
On that interface, DOT11RADIO1, they come up error. The same commands on DOT11RADIO0 work just fine.
The status through the web browser shows all empty for 5gig radio, unlike the 2.4gig that shows all good stats.

Can't see anything about this issue in the current (much newer) release notes:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/ios/release/notes/aap-rn-89.html

That reminds me, did you configure the correct country for your AP model? Not sure if this is required on the Autonomous models, but it is on the CAPWAP ones for the 5 GHz interface to work correctly.
Anyway, I still recommend to upgrade the software, as yours also has known security bugs and is nearly 4 years old.

m.rana.ku
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In the following video step by step process has been shown How to Configure Cisco AIRONET 3602i Autonomous/Standalone Access Point using CLI with WPAv2 Authentication Key.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmZZ2BNGXQH1HPS3uIVnr7A?sub_confirmation=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkUfTXuwj2U

============ For 2.4 GHz Radio Interface ============

Step 1: Access Cisco AP|Reset AP| Assign static IP for BVI1 Interface |Default-gateway IP
ap>enable
Password: Cisco [Cisco AP default Password]
## Reset the Access Point with pressing and holding mode button ##
ap#configure terminal
ap(config)#interface bvI 1
ap(config-if)#ip address 192.168.2.4 255.255.255.0 [According to my network setup]
ap(config-if)#exit
ap(config)#ip default-gateway 192.168.2.1 [According to my network setup]

Step 2: Creating SSID | Authentication | Applying WPAv2 Authentication

ap(config)#dot11 ssid Cisco_WLAN [ Create SSID named Cisco_WLAN]
ap(config-ssid)#guest-mode [Broadcast SSID]
ap(config-ssid)#authentication open [allows any device to authenticate]
ap(config-ssid)#authentication key-management wpa version 2 [Applying WPAv2 Authentication]
ap(config-ssid)#wpa-psk ascii Cisco123 [Applying WPA Shared Key ]
ap(config-ssid)#exit

Step 3: Enable Encryption to 4.2GHz Radio interface | Apply SSID to interface| Enable Radio Interface

ap(config)#interface dot11Radio 0 [Selecting 4.2 GHz Radio interface]
ap(config-if)#encryption mode ciphers aes-ccm [Enabling CIPHER AES-CCM Encryption to interface]
ap(config-if)#ssid Cisco_WLAN [Applying SSID to Radio interface]
ap(config-if)#channel least-congested [Selecting Channel type]
ap(config-if)#no shutdown [Finally Enabling the 4.2 GHz Radio Interface]
ap(config-if)#exit
ap(config)#exit
================ For 5 GHz Radio Interface =======================

Step 2: Creating SSID | Authentication | Applying WPAv2 Authentication

ap(config)#dot11 ssid Cisco_WLAN 5GHz [ Create SSID named Cisco_WLAN 5GHz ]
ap(config-ssid)#guest-mode [Broadcast SSID]
ap(config-ssid)#authentication open [allows any device to authenticate]
ap(config-ssid)#authentication key-management wpa version 2 [Applying WPAv2 Authentication]
ap(config-ssid)#wpa-psk ascii Cisco123 [Applying WPA Shared Key ]
ap(config-ssid)#exit

Step 3: Enable Encryption to 5 GHz Radio interface | Apply SSID to interface| Enable Radio Interface

ap(config)#interface dot11Radio 1 [Selecting 5 GHz Radio interface]
ap(config-if)#encryption mode ciphers aes-ccm [Enabling CIPHER AES-CCM Encryption to interface]
ap(config-if)#ssid Cisco_WLAN 5GHz [Applying SSID to Radio interface]
ap(config-if)# channel 36 [Selecting Channel type]
ap(config-if)#no shutdown [Finally Enabling the 5 GHz Radio Interface]
ap(config-if)#exit
ap(config)#exit

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card