Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3800 HWIC AP Integrated With 1200 Series Aironet AP

I'm having a heck of a time integrating my 1200 series AP with my wireless HWIC AP installed in my 3845 router.  I've tried to set up my 1200 AP as a repeater, bridge, and standalone AP with no luck.  I'm starting to think this integration isn't supported with an HWIC AP, since I can't find any documentation that states they're compatible.  Has anyone every tried this before?  If so, how did you accomplish it?

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 3800 HWIC AP Integrated With 1200 Series Aironet AP

1200 Series AP does support repeater, standalone... it will helpful if you could paste the below output of the command..

en

config t

int dot11 0 or int dot11 1

station-role ? (here at the time we hit the question mark, we will come to know what modes that are supported on each AP)

Let me know how this works out for you!!

Regards

Surendra

Re: 3800 HWIC AP Integrated With 1200 Series Aironet AP

Hey Surendra,

Yes, I did enable the station role for each type of config tried.  For each setup, I used a known working config but could never get the standalone AP to work in any mode.  So, I started thinking the wireless HWIC integration with a 1200 series AP isn't supported.

I appreciate your reply!

Regards,

Erik Hoehne

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content