Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

3850-X Wireless Controller Error

I am staging 2 3850X switches in a stack and trying to utilize the wireless controller functionality. When editing a WLAN and attempting to change the Interface/Interface Group I am getting the following error:

"Failed to Set.

Possible error could be with creating flow monitor. Pease check whether the flow record to enable Application Visibility is configured"

I have created a vlan for wireless clients on the switch and am trying to set that as the interface for this new WLAN. I can set it via CLI no problem but if I do that then anytime I try to modify anything in the GUI for this WLAN afterwards I get the above error. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

5 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Hi Dan,

Under WLAN -> AVC section did you tick AVC ? If you are not using it untick that & see. (Flow records only used for when configuring AVC)

Below gives some config examples of 3850 WLAN, which may be useful to you

1.WLAN config with 3850 - Part 1

2.WLAN config with 3850 - Part 2

3.Getting Started with 3850

4. 3850- Flexible Netflow

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ****

The interface/interface group

The interface/interface group that I was trying to set the WLAN to had a space in it.  I renamed my vlan to a one word vlan name and the error went away.

I had this problem a 2nd time

I had this problem a 2nd time and my pre-shared key has double-quotes around it "".  Once they were removed, I no longer got the error.

Cisco Employee

3850 gui is not solid yet.it may take couple of releases to reach there.

Rasika -

AVC is not ticked. I have also tried enabling that and disabling that with no luck. Thank you for the links, I actually used those as a guide as I was setting up these switches. I am thinking I will just use CLI to configure my WLAN for the moment but if anyone else has run into this problem feel free to add advice to this thread.

thanks,

Dan

Views
Helpful
Replies