Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

4400 AP license migration to 5500 - is it possible ?

Hi all,

Can someone please tell if it's possible to use existing AP license number from an old 4404 WLC to a new WLC 5508 ?

I know that the 4404 has hard licensed bounded to the controller, not like the 5508 adder licenses that can be purchased separate, but I cannot find information about this type of migration (from 4404 to 5508).

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No, you can't move a license from a 440x to another platform.  When you purchase the 5508, you'll need to make sure you purchase the appropriate license size

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
3 REPLIES

No, you can't move a license from a 440x to another platform.  When you purchase the 5508, you'll need to make sure you purchase the appropriate license size

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thank you for the quick response. I thought so, but I needed to be sure.

Hello,

As per your query this –

No, it is not possible to use existing AP license number from an old 4404 WLC to a new WLC 5508

Hope this will help you.

Views
Helpful
Replies