Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

521AP controller IOS

I have two standalone 521AP and a 526 controller. I would like to change my standalone 521AP to controller mode. How do I get the the controller mode IOS? I have a CCO account but that won't let me download the software. Do I need to buy controller mode IOS again?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: 521AP controller IOS

You have three choices you can try.

1. Contact your the vendor and ask if they can download the softwares for you; or

2. Contact the vendor and ask if they can provide you with a valid Service Contract so you will be able to download softwares ONLY (don't tell them about opening TAC/SRs or they'll refuse).

3. If #1, #2 fail, contact Cisco Service Centre and give them your CCO login and the S/N of your AP and controller and ask if they can provide you with a valid Service Contract.

I am in the same predicament as you so I did #3 option and now I can download softwares create SRs and TACs for RMA.

Hope they work.

NOTE: I hope you didn't buy your gear from e-b@y because the options will not work.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

You have three choices you can try.

1. Contact your the vendor and ask if they can download the softwares for you; or

2. Contact the vendor and ask if they can provide you with a valid Service Contract so you will be able to download softwares ONLY (don't tell them about opening TAC/SRs or they'll refuse).

3. If #1, #2 fail, contact Cisco Service Centre and give them your CCO login and the S/N of your AP and controller and ask if they can provide you with a valid Service Contract.

I am in the same predicament as you so I did #3 option and now I can download softwares create SRs and TACs for RMA.

Hope they work.

NOTE: I hope you didn't buy your gear from e-b@y because the options will not work.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Thanks for the rating.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content