cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

521G Access Point Configure Terminal mode via telnet

davidfield
Level 3
Level 3

Can anyone advise why I can not get config mode from the telnet console on a 521 AP? I can get enable config terminal from console.

Thanks in advance

David

5 Replies 5

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

Is this AP in lightweight mode? You cannot perform "config t" on lightweight APs.

mtucker111
Level 1
Level 1

David,

I was just about to post the same exact question. I have had this issue on two 521 APs. The first AP was autonomous from the factory. The second AP was downgraded from lightweight to autonomous. Same problem with both of them. No "config t" from telnet. Any assistance is appreciated...

-Mike

Hi, I am having the same issue right now.  Did you ever find a resolution?

Hi Gents,

I have faced with the same issue...

Furthermore I cannot copy startup-config from tftp to aironet via telnet/ssh and even cannot copy running-config to startup-config...

Any assistance is appreciated.

Cheers.

All:

I had found resolution on another thread, https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1284803#1284803.

It looks like telnet/ssh on the 521 is for viewing/read-only.  I have since been purchasing the 1242 series that allow full access.

Best regards,

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: