Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

5508 WLAN Controller ip conflict

I have a 5508 wlan controller for my organization wireless network and all machines that connect to the wireless network conflict with IP address 0.0.0.0 that has mac address 00-00-00-00-00-00.

All machines event viewer shows this error “The system detected an address conflict for IP address 0.0.0.0 with the system having network hardware address 00-00-00-00-00-00. Network operations on this system may be disrupted as a result.”

Pls help

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

you can try excluding the imp ip address so the dhcp server does not give out those. Also, try using small lease time..still not clear on the exact issue..

Vlten ... see this link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3512033#3512033

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

This conflict problem seems to be solved, i have disabled the WLAN service port that had ip 0.0.0.0 with subnet 0.0.0.0 and since then i have not recieced any conflicts.

Nope it is still persisting. It appears it might be a gratuatis arp.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content