Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

5508 WLC + 3702I APs /w a Windows 2012 DHCP Server

All,

I am in the process of a new WLC install with five 3702I APs.  The configuration was gone well up till now.....  I am having issues with DHCP pulling IPs from the correct scope. The WLC is in a different VLAN (10) than the APs (142).  What am I missing in the configuration?  We have multiple autonomous 1252s that pull the correct scope.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

Are you  having issues with

Are you  having issues with client getting IP when they connect to 3702 ? or AP itself not taking IP ?

Either case I would check switch SVI is configured with "ip helper-address x.x.x.x" pointing to your DHCP server.

Also for dynamic interface configuration of WLC I would check all interfaces correctly configured with DHCP server address.

You can run " debug client <mac_address>" on WLC CLI for a single client & post that output if you still facing the issue

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

3 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Are you  having issues with

Are you  having issues with client getting IP when they connect to 3702 ? or AP itself not taking IP ?

Either case I would check switch SVI is configured with "ip helper-address x.x.x.x" pointing to your DHCP server.

Also for dynamic interface configuration of WLC I would check all interfaces correctly configured with DHCP server address.

You can run " debug client <mac_address>" on WLC CLI for a single client & post that output if you still facing the issue

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Rasika,  Thanks for the quick

Rasika,

Thanks for the quick reply. Your suggestion about running the client debug pointed me in the correct direction.  I did not have the correct interface applied to the WLAN, it had the default “management.”  I added the correct Interface and now the clients are picking the correct DHCP Scope.  I will mark your reply as the “Correct Answer.”  Thanks!

Dave  

VIP Purple

That's great.. you quickly

That's great.. you quickly identified your issue & fixed it smiley

Thank for rating our response as well..

Rasika

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content