Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

5520 WLC Initial config

Team,

Got two cisco 5520 wlc and i am setting these up for the 1st time. Not sure what I am doing wrong but i cant see interfaces up at the controllers i have followed the same rules as I set the smaller 2504 controllers.

any help will be appreciated and this is what have done so far:

• mgmt port:  connected to my management vlan22
  • Fiber ports: these are connected to the 10Gb fiber ports at my 3850 core stack and set them as trunk(cdp wont show any neighbors from the wlc)
  • Drawing: Please see my attached drawing to see how interfaces are connected.

thanks all

Aaron

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Aaron

Hi Aaron

Did you setup the first wlc management IP and Service port etc? If so you should be able to access the wlc by any of these 2 interfaces.

Console

<WLC>Show interface summary

The CICM management interface is only chassis administration, not administration of the AireOS WLC.

Regards

4 REPLIES

Hi

Hi

Did you setup the initial config?

Have you enable LAG on WLC? If Yes, have you done the port-channel on your Cisco switch?

For the management called CICM, you need to access the WLC in console (as you can't access SSH) and use the command imm to set an IP address or DHCP.

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

No LAG no port channels.

No LAG no port channels.

Able to access via console but interfaces wont come up.

Hi Aaron

Hi Aaron

Did you setup the first wlc management IP and Service port etc? If so you should be able to access the wlc by any of these 2 interfaces.

Console

<WLC>Show interface summary

The CICM management interface is only chassis administration, not administration of the AireOS WLC.

Regards

Did setup management port not

Did setup management port not the SP port. Called Cisco and they suggested to update the code. After updating the code interfaces came up as usual.

apparently the fiber cables were acting up.

thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content