cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8510 wireless controllers configured as HA and providing extra redundancy

jlarriega
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 8510 wireless controllers connecting to each other via the redundancy port, one WLC is the active controller and the 2nd WLC is the standby controller. Each WLC connects to a pair of Nexus 9708 distribution/router using Port1 and Port2. I like to know if there is any extra advantage to connecting the WLCs to both distribution routers and if it will add unnecessary complexity to the configuration.

Thanks;

Juan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't see an issue unless there is something going on between the Nexus pair.  The RP port is the main link that controls the HA.  I'm one to not tinker with something that has been working:)

Please rate helpful post and Cisco Support Community will donate to Kiva

Scotty

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't see an issue unless there is something going on between the Nexus pair.  The RP port is the main link that controls the HA.  I'm one to not tinker with something that has been working:)

Please rate helpful post and Cisco Support Community will donate to Kiva

Scotty

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you Scotty.

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, i can't see any advantage to connecting the WLCs to both distribution routers using port 1 and port 2.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card