Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

877W - Help setting up wireless

I've tried this via SDM, used several configuration guides and looked at this forum for help, but I still can't get this to work properly.

Either I have a wireless connection that a client can connect to, but can't get an IP from, or I follow the guide line for line and lose internet connectivity/local routing.

I have set up dot11radio 0 and a sub-interface, binded the radio to vlan 1 and enabled bridging; pretty much line for line in the configuration examples and guides. I find the SDM wireless application even more confusing. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: 877W - Help setting up wireless

A wireless client can be assigned an IP address statically or through a DHCP server. Make sure that you have dhcp server configured there in your environment. Also, send me the configurations you have made. Looking at atht, I can find out the problem.

Re: 877W - Help setting up wireless

Hi,

So far I have the network up and running, just need to set up a static dhcp assignment for a clinet by MAC address so that I can assign forwarded ports. Here is my current configuration.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content