Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

881W Configuration Challenges

Good evening all,

I recenly acquired a Cisco 881W ISR Router for use at home.  I eventually want to use it for VPN access to my home lab, but before I can do any of that I have to get my initial configuration working.

I had a couple of goals in mind for my initial config:

1. Dual SSID, running WPA 2 encryption.  SSID1 goes to VLAN11, while SSID2 goes to VLAN12.  VLAN11 is the management VLAN, while VLAN12 will only be used for Guest Wireless access for interenet only.  The host router-side of the 881W is address with an address from VLAN11.
  2. I have two separate DHCP pools for each VLAN.

I based my configuration off of the following web page:

http://www.firewall.cx/cisco-technical-knowledgebase/cisco-routers/825-cisco880w-multiple-ssid.html

I am having a couple of problems with my setup.

1. Both SSID's broadcast fine, but I'm only able to get a DHCP IP from the one assigned to VLAN12.
  2. Even though the BVI1 interface (for the AP) has an IP address that is on VLAN11, I can't ping back to the host router side.  I also am unable to ping the BVI1 interface from the router side.  When a device associates on VLAN12, I am able to ping that device from the router-side...

Attached are the configs of the R1-881W (router-side) and the AP-881W (AP-side), along with some output from debugging:

Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES

Anyone have any ideas?

Ok, so I went back and re-did my configuration putting everything that was in Vlan11 into Vlan1.  This seemed to be the only thing that would work.  So I have to use Vlan1 then it seems.  Interesting....  Please tell me if I am wrong.

Views
Helpful
Replies