Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

a new Network Device Group (NDG) and a profile

We have a large installed base of WLC's 2000 with ACS providing the authentication. We have 2 existing NDG's and I just created a new one and added the new WLC to that group. However, when users were testing the new wireless access, the error message below would show up.

09/03/2007 13:33:55 Authen failed CNH1\uz685 Default Group 00-13-02-5F-F8-6F (Default) Access denied because there was no profile that matched .. ..

Obviously, the culprit here is the wrong profile (Default) as opposed to the right one, WAP_Profile. So, I then proceeded adding the new wlc to the one of the existing Groups and the authentication worked OK.

There has to be a link between the NDG's and the WAP_Profile and, for the life of me, I could not find out where that link was. Can someone please help me with that?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES

Re: a new Network Device Group (NDG) and a profile

Hi,

On ACS-----> NAP--->You need to enable feature labelled "Grant access using global configuration,when no profile matches.

Regards,

~JG

Re: a new Network Device Group (NDG) and a profile

Thanks for your response, however it would be like sweeping it under the rug. The profile WAP_Profile is defined under the Network Access Profiles and there's got to a way to associate it with a group...

Views
Helpful
Replies