cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

About auto-site survey by WLSE

yong1794
Level 1
Level 1

I've scheduled auto-site survey every sunday in the WLSE(v2.13.1).

The scheduled site-survey job is working well and logged.

But, After being surveyed, there are no changes channel and power parameter of APs.

Do i have to manually apply serveyed value to the AP by WLSE? not automatically?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kwon,

My understanding of the function was always that these surveyed values would have to be manually applied. We don't run WLSE anymore so I can't verify this for you (but I am pretty sure);

How It Works

The Auto Re-Site Survey option uses data collected from previous RM Assisted Configuration jobs to compare the current performance of the selected APs against the performance data collected the last time radio parameter generation was generated for the specified APs and applied to the specific floor. If the APs' radio performance has decreased by 20% (a user-configurable setting), a fault is generated and you are asked if you want to generate new radio parameters. The new radio parameters are compared against the existing data, and if the newly generated radio parameter yield better results, you can apply the new radio parameters to the selected APs.

Data Produced

Auto Re-Site Survey generates a fault if the radio performance of the specified floor decreases by the specified percentage. It also allows you to generate new radio parameters and apply those parameters to the APs of the specified floor.

From this WLSE doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3915/products_user_guide_chapter09186a0080527f3a.html#wp999433

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kwon,

My understanding of the function was always that these surveyed values would have to be manually applied. We don't run WLSE anymore so I can't verify this for you (but I am pretty sure);

How It Works

The Auto Re-Site Survey option uses data collected from previous RM Assisted Configuration jobs to compare the current performance of the selected APs against the performance data collected the last time radio parameter generation was generated for the specified APs and applied to the specific floor. If the APs' radio performance has decreased by 20% (a user-configurable setting), a fault is generated and you are asked if you want to generate new radio parameters. The new radio parameters are compared against the existing data, and if the newly generated radio parameter yield better results, you can apply the new radio parameters to the selected APs.

Data Produced

Auto Re-Site Survey generates a fault if the radio performance of the specified floor decreases by the specified percentage. It also allows you to generate new radio parameters and apply those parameters to the APs of the specified floor.

From this WLSE doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3915/products_user_guide_chapter09186a0080527f3a.html#wp999433

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks. your reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card