Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Point AIR-SAP1602E-A-K9

Hi, i bought an access point called AIR-SAP1602E-A-K9, but i don't know how configure it, in the box there was not CDs with software to help, i connect it to the Modem on the ethernet port but there was no signal, and It do not have antennas, Does i need to buy some antennas to the access point......so i really need help.....i do not know how to configure it........i need it work independant without the controller, just the access point connected to the modem.........in some site said that i must connect the accesspoint to my pc and use the ip 10.0.0.1 in the browser to configure it in windows, but not work...........can someone help me?

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

For initial configuration you

For initial configuration you can access AP from the Console port.

Following are the guides you need to look at for configuring you 1600 AP :

Cisco Aironet 1600/2600/3600 Series Access Point Deployment Guide

Getting Started Guide: Cisco Aironet 1600 Series Access Points

Moreover you can check the configuration guide from cisco.com/google, based on the Actual software image your AP is running. Some of the newer IOS for AP you can check here.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

hi sistemas, what you are

hi sistemas, what you are looking for is to set the access point as an autonomous system, to do so you need to access to the AP by using a console cable and then set an ssid(name of the network) name and all the initial settings, don´t panic is kind of easy.

take a look at this guide is really helpful and contains all the initials.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/61936/autonomous-ap-and-bridge-basic-configuration-template#1-creating-an-ssid

Cisco Employee

Check the link for

Please refer to the link for

Please refer to the link for 1600 AP configuraion guide-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/1600/quick/guide/ap1600getstart.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content