Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Access Point Device Selection

I am interested in upgrading the wireless system at my home in order to gain better indoor and outdoor coverage, improve security and eliminate the eyesore AP we now have. After preliminary research, it seems either the 1130AG or the 1200 series make sense. Will both APs work with my existing 802.11G laptops and other wireless devices? Do both models ship with everything I need to install them?

1 REPLY
Green

Re: Access Point Device Selection

Either AP wold work fine, with the caveat that you really must update all Intel drivers to as current as possible.

The other note is that the 1200 series APs do not ship with antennas. Because they fill a fairly broad spot in the product line (bridge, AP, etc), the antennas are an extra item.

The standard 2.2dbi "rubber duck" are ~US$25.00 each. You can set the AP to work with one, but two are resommended in AP mode to provide some diversity (reduces the likelyhood of nulls and multipath).

Good Luck

Scott

Views
Helpful
Replies