Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access point strange spectrum

Hello.

I have 5 APs 3602E. They are all enabled for a/b/g/n standards. When I check client statistics I can see different clients using 2.4nGHz protocol and 5nGHz protocol. But if I take radio analyzer I dont see any 5GHz networks available((( Moreover all Macbooks are connected using 2.4 GHz. I dont undestand why it is so((( I am confused: how many frequencies AP run? One (2.4 or 5GHz continously) or two (one per moment time). If two how to associate with AP using 5GHz? Please help me to undestand the situation.

Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Maybe your "analyzer" only

Maybe your "analyzer" only has 802.11b radio enabled or your wireless client only has 802.11b radio (and no 802.11a radio).

Hall of Fame Super Silver

You should be able to see on

You should be able to see on the WLC GUI if the 802.11a radios are enabled or not. You can see this on the main GUI page. You can also look at the 

show advanced 802.11a txpower 

this command will show you the 5ghz setting

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Silver

As mentioned by Scott and Leo

As mentioned by Scott and Leo you need to check the 5GHz band is enabled and analyzer monitoring freq. or end point supported radio.

Bronze

Hi,Make sure your analyzer

Hi,

Make sure your analyzer wireless card support both bands 2.4GHz and 5GHz 

and 2nd thing i might be possible the mac book which you are using that only works on 2.4GHz band.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content