cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

access points with differing regulatory domains?

rdddddddd
Level 1
Level 1

I have four new air-lap1142n-e-k9 that I'm attempting to connect to a wireless lan controller 4402.

We have about 8 similar devices connected to it since earlier.

Connecting them to the wlc isn't a problem, but only the 802.11b/g interface comes up when they're

connected, the 802.11a is taken down. Looking at the configuration of the ap it seems that the

802.11a interface has the wrong regulatory domain. Should be Sweden and '-E' (which all the other

aps have), but the new ones all have -E on the 802.11b/g and -C on the 802.11a (see attached wlc

webgui screenshots).

Is there a way of changing the regulatory domain of the 802.11a interfaces to -E?

And out of curiosity, is there a point in having different regulatory domains on different interfaces on

the same access point..?

Thanks in advance.

/richard

5 Replies 5

Abha Jha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Regulatory domain should be same on AP and WLC for the radio network interface to come up.

Well yes, that's what I gathered as well.

But I'm not sure what to do when the regulatory domain differs on the AP's two wifi interfaces.

Can I change the regulatory domain of the 5ghz interface on the AP somehow?

You can't change the regulatory domain of the APs.  The setting is burnt in.

You may want to talk to your supplier and politely ask them if you can return the AP with the wrong regulatory domain in exchange for the correct one.

no not possible to change the regulatory domain on AP which is built in.. :-(

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please check if the regulatory domain should be on the same AP. Please check the PDF for referring codes of different countries-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps5861/product_data_sheet0900aecd80537b6a.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card