Views
Helpful
Replies

Access points wont accept clients on 2.4 GhZ

jaa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We are having some Issue with some Access Points are dropping clients on 2.4 GhZ radio, the radio is if you SSH to the Access Point "Dot11Radio0 is up, line protocol is up".

Our setup is 2 x Wism2 controller (7.5), a CPI (1.4), and around 750 Access points of various types (1121, 1131, 1142, 2602).

If we reset the Access Point from CPI it comes up and it will again accept clients on 2.4 GhZ for a random time period, sometimes it works for some hours, sometimes for a couple of days, total random.

The once we have seen the problem on is as I know 1142:

Software Version 7.5.102.0
Boot Version 12.4.23.0
AP Model AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9
IOS Version 15.2(4)JA1$

Hope to get help finding a solution.

Best regards

Jørgen

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Never seen this kind of behaviour before.

1.  Have you tried with OPEN authentication?

2.  What kind of wireless clients?

3.  Have you updated the clients' wireless NIC drivers?

1. No we have not tryed with Open.

2. It is all clients on 2.4 GhZ, but MAC computers just jumps on the 5 GhZ.

3. As it is students computers the comes with all differents brands, we have not tried that.

If you have a high density deployment, you might want to look at your RRM. What is the power set to on the AP's. If the power is set too low, that can cause clients not to see or be able to join an access point. If this is the case, you need to set the min tx power level for the 2.4ghz radio which is under the wireless tab in the 802.11bgn TPC.

If you have an issue with a certain AP model, it might be a bug, but you didn't mention what model AP is was happening to.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

As far as i know it is on the Cisco 1142 LAP we have the problem, and we havent been able to find anything in the bug reports.

There was an issue with the 1142's with v7.4 but I thought that was fixed in v7.4MR1. You might want to open a TAC case and see if the issue has resurfaced and they will create a new bug id.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Has been a long time since i posted, and want to let you know that we have opened a TAC on the problem, so we are in dialog with Cisco, sending logfiles for them to analyse.

Ill let you know if we find a solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card