Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Accessing Aironet 1310 for configuration

I have two Aironet 1310 Series Access Point/Bridges.  They were previously in use, but now I'm trying reconfigure them and set just one of them up as an AP.  However, I can't seem to identify the IP address on the 1310 so I can't access it to reset/re-configure.  I have a ethernet cable connected directly between my laptop and the 1310 and have set the subnet on the laptop to 10.0.0.0, 172.16.0.0, 192.168.0.0 and 169.254.0.0 and used IPSU after reseting the subnet to try and ID the 1310 IP address with no luck.  I've also connected the 1310 to the wired network with DHCP (192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.255) and still can't locate the 1310 AP's IP using IPSU.  The S led = fast blinking green, the E led is solid/blinking green, others are off.  Any suggestions on how to access and reconfigure/reset the AP would be most appreciated.

Everyone's tags (4)
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Accessing Aironet 1310 for configuration

Get the console access... Console cable = one end RJ-45 and other end  DB-9 Connector. Open up the hyperterminal using the com ports.. if HT  is not present, then download putty.exe and open up the console access.  Now we will be having the console access and we can assign the IP  address.

Regards

Surendra

Community Member

Surendra, thanks for your reply.  Ok, I'll try and get my hands on a console cable and get back to you.  Are you aware of a console cable that uses the USB port on the pc end, as I have a laptop with no serial port.  thanks again.  Mark

Cisco Employee

Hi Mark,

If the laptop doesnt have the DB9 port, then i guess u need buy the Console to USB converter.. where in u can connect the DB on to the converter Jack and the USB to the laptop.. the below link wil give u the better picture..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIKB4tn6yXc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KOIMMURKS0&feature=related

Let me know how this works out for you.

Regards

Surendra

Community Member

Thanks Surendra, that clears everything

up with respect to the console/rollover cable.  I'll get ahold of one and let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

Mark

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content