cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing and setting up Aironet as AP

mknabster1
Level 1
Level 1

HI all, I have a Cisco Aironet 1200 AP I bought at a computer auction, and I have been meaning to learn how to use it, but i haven't had the oppurtunity to until now. The wireless coverage in my house is lackluster, so I wanted to try getting this setup to see if it works, before I purchase a new router. So I currently have it connected to a switch upstairs, and the COM port to my main tower. I have seen that there are 2 ways to log into the unit, either via CLI or GUI, so I was wondering how is the best way to get into it. Also, I would appreciate soem help in trying to get it setup to fit my needs. Thanks for your time

17 Replies 17

I would like to avoid CLI because i'm not too familiar with reading code and the like, so the GUI is probably my best bet. I'll play around with the settings when i get home, and i'll post back with my results then. Probably won't be for a few hours. Thanks for your help so far

Well, when i got home, I had some more time to mess around with the AP, and I was able to get it to work after all! I'm very happy now, because now i'm getting better coverage around the house over the router's wifi for some reason. Anywho, i'm happy, and I really appreciate your help

Great & I can imagine how happy you are

If our responses were useful please do not forget to rate them as well.

Regards

Rasika

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card